Introduction to GDPR Statement
“Oliver Bernard Ltd welcomes the introduction of GDPR in May 2018. Oliver Bernard Ltd does take information security seriously including that of personal data regardless as to whether Oliver Bernard Ltd is considered a processor or controller” – Billy Jenkins, Managing Director
In terms of GDPR, Oliver Bernard Ltd has been working towards being fully compliant throughout 2017/8 to ensure that Oliver Bernard Ltd customers can be certain that they are dealing with a fully compliant GDPR business. The work will conclude prior to the May 2018 date for introduction of the regulation.
Oliver Bernard Ltd will be happy to provide documentation to customers detailing as an organisation how we are fully compliant with all aspects of GDPR.
Oliver Bernard Ltd has assessed the paragraphs of GDPR and matched its own activities against all those paragraphs in three key areas:
- A data controller of its own employee data.
- A data controller or processor of third party data such as activity relating to direct marketing.
- A data processor or controller of candidate & client personal data.
Documentation will be made available at the bottom of this commitment statement detailing the policies and activities that Oliver Bernard Ltd employs matched to the clauses of the GDPR should any customer have a detailed question in respect of compliance.
- Oliver Bernard Ltd is amending its activities and associated policies and procedures as necessary to fully comply with GDPR following a thorough assessment.
- Oliver Bernard Ltd is amending its customer and supplier contacts to ensure the GDPR reaches throughout the supply chain for the provision of its services.
- Oliver Bernard Ltd is reviewing all its suppliers for compliance with GDPR paying very close attention to its marketing activity suppliers.
- Oliver Bernard Ltd is carrying out Privacy Impact Assessments as necessary.
- Oliver Bernard Ltd is organising a campaign whereby customers can be briefed further on Oliver Bernard Ltd.’s activity in respect of GDPR.
- The Oliver Bernard Ltd website and direct marketing activity is being updated so that customers have the assurance that they will be contacted and treated in in accordance with GDPR requirements. The website will contain Oliver Bernard Ltd privacy policies clearly identified.
- Oliver Bernard Ltd will be maintaining accreditations that demonstrate its commitment to information security, including personal data.
At Oliver Bernard Ltd, we strive to deliver an incredible customer experience, earning the trust of thousands of users. We will continue to make additional required operational changes resulting from the new legislation, and will keep our clients, candidates, partners and regulatory authorities informed throughout this process. We have an internal cross-functional team who continue to monitor GDPR as it moves to become more clearly defined over the next few months, and who will continue to inform our strategy for GDPR.